Madison County Memorial Hospital’s Operating Room provides a variety of elective surgery procedures prescribed by your physician. The Operating Room Suite consists of a large operating room, four private treatment/recovery rooms, and a procedure room. The department also has a hazardous materials decontamination room. The mission of the Surgical Suite is to enhance quality of life by continuously improving the health of the people in our community by correcting and improving disease management via surgery.
Madison County Memorial Hospital’s Surgical Suite is being launched in 2020 with a brand new Operating Room (OR) and a full-time surgeon and surgical team. Our OR consist of a Board Certified Surgeon, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, licensed nurses, emergency technicians, respiratory therapists and surgical techs ready to serve you. The purpose is to provide minor-elective surgeries in-house initially and gradually begin adding rotating specialist. Following are the Elective Surgeries currently provided:
- Incision & Drainage
- Central Lines
- Chest Tubes
- Gastrostomy Feeding Tube Insertion
- Ingrown Toe Nail Removal
- Pilonidal Abscess Incision & Drainage
- Skin Infections and Abscesses
- Skin Lesion Biopsies/Excisions/Destruction
Following are the Elective Surgeries that are going to be available soon:
•Implanted Venous Access Devices
Meet the Surgeon
Dr. Padrta is the Chief Surgical Officer and surgeon with over 29 years of experience including seven (7) of those years spent as a General Practitioner. He comes to us from Albermarle Medical center, a 182 bed facility in Albermarle North Carolina where he has been performing surgery for over twelve (12) years. Likewise, he served as the Wound Care Clinic Medical Director at the Albemarle Surgical Center. Prior to that he practiced in Florida for ten (10) years.
• 1996: General Surgery Residency NY Medical College Stamford Hospital – Stamford, CT
• 1989: Doctor of Medicine University of South Alabama Mobile, AL
• 1985: Undergraduate School University of South Alabama Mobile, AL
• Advanced Cardiac Life Support
• Diplomat, National Board Medical Examiners
• Board Certified American College of Surgeons
• Wound Care Certified
• State of Florida Medical License
• State of North Carolina
Due to safety and privacy issues, family members are asked to wait for the patient in the lobby area.
Wound Care-Click here for more information regarding the services currently available.